Listed below are Alex Russell Creative Services’ recommendations for places to point your browser at. If any of them don’t work any more, let me know. There are a few bits of free download stuff at the end.
Sites that feature my work, list my services or that I’m connected in some way connected to.
- textile design agency that carries a big, regularly-updated folio of my work. Also the team that creates the Stack Stack trend book.
- twice yearly fashion textile trade fair in Paris, generally with lots of my work on the Amsterstampa stand.
- limited edition prints. May feature stuff I've had a hand in.
- graphic art and fashion boutique. (I was a runner-up in their 2005
badge competition, and got an honourable mention in 2006
- publishers of “Pattern” by Drusilla Cole, designed by Fl@33
, a book of contemporary pattern that features some of my work, available from Amazon
The Directory of Design Consultants
- good listing site for people in the creative industries.
Ooo, that looks good
Consistently inspiring or visually interesting sites.
Antoine and Manuel
- French graphic artists; dab hands at doing wallpaper.
- funny, potty-mouthed illustration.
- perfect paper sculptures.
Clarke, David Michael
- artist who claims to be less intelligent than a dolphin (also here
- painter who also produces textile designs for Amsterstampa (site in Dutch).
- very clever, very funny Dutch illustrator (site mostly in Dutch - “tekeningen” means drawing, “vragen” means questions).
- printed textile designer, also working with the Amsterstampa agency.
- illustrations of hip-hop monkey DJs and dreamy geishas.
Neasden Control Centre
- how to turn sketchbooks into a proper business.
- creates programmes to make beautiful generative art.
- mixed media (with lots of drawing) illustrator and typographer.
- photographs, texts and graphics. Always interesting - also here
- graphic artist and poster maker (lots of great gig adverts).
- creative agency with stunning personal work.
- hand-printed tee-shirts and tops.
- makes lovely illustrations. Also here
- illustrations, images and some 3D work, all with individual hand drawn quality.
Don’t just do it for a couple of months then stop
Blogs that are actually good.
- interior design blog, with good angle on decoration and pattern. Have been very nice about me (14th August
, near the bottom).
Flip Flop Flying
- endearing, cynical-yet-innocent images, music and rambling from Mr. Minipops.
- what’s that you say? Entertaining mathematical diagrams?
- good all-round decorative arts blog.
Print and Pattern
- excellent diary of, er, print and pattern. Strongly recommended.